Thursday, December 01, 2022

The Beauty in the Chaos

- A 10 year old boy leading his first 4-H calf around the yard


- Stacking hay bales with dad


- Driving the John Deere 4020 seeding for the first time at 12 years old

These are things I experienced growing up and the only record of it is in my mind. Is that necessarily a bad thing? Many would say no, but what if I could look back or share those moments with you now?


This is how I approach social media. I have these moments in time that I can capture and share. Don't get me wrong, this is as much for myself as it is for anyone else. I enjoy looking back at the year on my farm. Things I accomplished or just the beautiful sunsets or pictures of equipment working in the field. These moments may resonate with others because the story and the emotion are right there on the surface.




The last few years on social media especially on Twitter I've shared my days and my thoughts and a few bad jokes. I guess I'm a bit of a story teller and I love putting words to feelings and moments in time and I enjoy making people smile or laugh. It's never just who sees what I posted but more how I feel about what I've shared and how I hopefully make them feel. The days on the farm can conjure up memories. I've played and worked in the same few acres my whole life and I know these fields like the back of my hand.

So when I see something that really stops me I take a picture and share it but also tell the story. 

I came back to the yard one night to this, our 100 year old barn backdropped by an amazing sunset





I could have just sat and watched it for a few seconds and moved on but I didn't. I took a picture and now I have that memory forever. I also shared it with others on social media who also got to enjoy it as well. I've seen this photo shared several times across different social medias and it's awesome others got to enjoy it also. It's a way to share my story and these moments in time. 

I've been asked several times why I do it? What made me start telling my story on social media and why do I even care to do it?

For me it's a way to share my days with others and tell the story of farming in Alberta through my eyes. There is a lot of negativity on social media and it can often overtake all of the good.

I try to share the great things I see everyday and tell the positive story of Agriculture.

It's my way to add some beauty and maybe even a smile in amongst the chaos...



John,
KowalchukFarms

3 comments:

  1. Could be said better John so keep it up. Love the jokes and the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, couldn’t be said better, dang autocorrect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks for reaching out. Don’t get a lot of comments on here so it’s kinda nice

      Delete

The Beauty in the Chaos

- A 10 year old boy leading his first 4-H calf around the yard - Stacking hay bales with dad - Driving the John Deere 4020 seeding for the f...